2016 has been a year of change. (No, this is not a political speech, stay with me). Let me get you up to speed:
- I moved from Madison, Wisconsin to Ashland, Wisconsin, a town situated on the beautiful shores of Lake Superior (I live in walking distance to a beach, coffee shop, bakery, brewery, and bookstore. What’s not to love??) Seriously, have you guys been to Ashland? You need to come up and visit. Email me and we’ll go out.
- I changed publishers. YES. I am now signed with ENTANGLED and their imprint CRUSH (targeted for young adults). This house has been a great fit, and I’m excited to work with them throughout the publishing process.
- I have a new name! Sort of. I have a new author name. My next book will be published under the pen name KATIE RAY. It occurred to me that Kacvinsky doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue. Don’t even bother with its phonetic pronunciation–you’ll butcher it. To make things easier on my readers, I’m changing my pen name to Katie Ray. Ray is my husband’s last name, so it’s a sensible choice. I rarely make sensible choices. I might be growing up?
- I wear a lot less gray and have opted for more royal blue in my wardrobe. (Some of my fans know that gray is my favorite color and I wear it every day, so I felt it was important to update you on this gargantuan change)
- Lastly…drum roll…I have a new book coming out! Yes. **will pause for a moment so you can celebrate your overwhelming joy with shrieks and jumping kicks. Don’t hold back. Go for it. ** This book is coming out in 2017.
P.S. I have missed you all!! Cyber high fives. A new book is born. Please, dear readers, stay tuned for more.