- It is a retelling of Cyrano de Bergerac and its lighter, funnier, film adaptation, Roxanne.
- Roxanne is one of my favorite romance comedies of all times. I’ve seen it about five hundred times.
- I have wanted to write this YA retelling (in which I made Cyrano’s character a girl) for about ten years. Even while I was writing the Awaken and First Comes Love series, this book has been in the back of my head.
- The main character, CeCe Edmonds, can be described as bad-ass, sassy and strong. She has a disfiguring scar on the right side of her face from a car accident when she was ten.
- Emmett Brady can be described as old school, old fashioned, and intense. He is a senior football transfer from Pennsylvania (and an aspiring music major).
- Over twenty-five songs or musicians are referenced in this book.
- It comes out on APRIL 10th!!!!!!!
- Tammara Webber, the NYT bestselling author of Easy calls it “Unputdownably Romantic!”
- It combines my favorite elements in a book: slow burn romance, music, sports, strong-willed characters, comedy, a touch of angst, and the unpredictability and uncontrollable fate of falling in love.
- CeCe’s story is about accepting yourself for who you are, instead of changing yourself in order to be accepted.
P.S. This book is written under my new pen name, Katie Ray. I’m honestly not trying to confuse you. I’m trying to make it easier to find my books.
Stay tuned for excerpts and news, plus a cover reveal, coming soon!